Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Passed!

Just a quick update - No gestational diabetes for me :) Woohoo!! That's one less thing to have to think about...
The orange drink was pretty gross and it made me a little bit shaky during my appointment this morning. I think I'll be eating protein the rest of the day today - no more sugar for me.
The rest of the appointment went really well. The babies both have great heartbeats and are kicking all over (like ninja babies - hehe). Trust me - they like using my bladder as a trampoline at 3am and 4am and 5am... I might need a nap today. They're still positioned sideways or breech, which isn't ideal. I don't want to have to have a C-Section, so I'm hoping they'll flip over before they get too big to move around.

My next appointment is on Monday for a growth scan. Those appointments are fun - we'll get a good look at how much the little babies have grown!

I also noticed this morning that my neighbor is pregnant! I just saw her in her yard when I was on my way to my doctors appointment. I didn't have time to stop to talk to her (plus I was hopped up on my sugar drink and was having a hard enough time focusing on driving). I don't know her very well at all, but if we have babies at the same time maybe we'll bond over our sleepless nights. She already has a little boy who is maybe ~4 years old. Hopefully I'll run into her soon and find out how far along she is and how she's doing!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Woo hoo! You are taking good care of yourself and those babies! Way to go, Momma! Now go have a cupcake to celebrate...

Erin Maher said...

Can't wait to have lots of treats with you in just a couple of weeks! :)