Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nursery Progress

Juan left last Saturday to go to Dublin for a week. He NEVER goes on business trips. He found out about it a few weeks in advance. I wasn't too excited about being by myself while 32/33 weeks pregnant, but I knew it was important for him to go. I did end up having to take the dog to boarding on Wednesday - he was a little bit too stir crazy without Juan here to take him on jogs or evening walks. My wonderful friends and neighbors took good care of me! Juan's home now, so all is good... He came home with gifts for me and for the babies. Here is a sample:

Last Tuesday I had the first of my weekly doctors appointments. The babies are looking good. They did a "biophysical profile" ultrasound to take a look at how the babies are practicing their breathing, how they're moving around and all sorts of stuff like that. They both scored a perfect 8/8... not sure what that means, but a perfect score is a perfect score ;)

My doctor measured my stomach and said that I was measuring at 41 weeks. I was just 32 weeks pregnant. So, yeah, I am already measuring larger than a full term single pregnancy. He said that he was hoping I would make it to 35 weeks. At that point the babies would likely be able to avoid going to the NICU and would likely be able to come home from the hospital with us. I am still aiming for November 1st (37 weeks), but I get more and more tired and uncomfortable every day. Ugh. I have my next appointment this Tuesday, so hopefully we're all still doing well. It's hard to believe that these babies could be here in 2 weeks!

My parents and my aunt Mary came to Austin on Friday. It was really great to see Mary - it's been a really long time since I've seen her!! Too bad she was put to work while visiting... Mary and my dad put together a ton of baby swings, bouncers, strollers, and a book shelf! Thanks!!!
My mom took ownership of getting everything else organized, washed, and put away! Yay! My dining room is no longer piled 7 feet high with baby things. There are NO BOXES left and the nursery also actually looks like a nursery now!
I had great intentions of getting all this stuff done myself over the next few weeks (with Juan's help), but it was so nice to have someone swoop in and do it for me. We still have a few things to do, but our list is soooooooooooo much shorter now.
Today we went to La-Z-Boy and bought two rocker/swivel recliners (see above x 2)! They are going to be delivered next Saturday. Yay! I'm glad we found something that was in stock (otherwise we'd be waiting until Christmas for delivery). I think they'll be good for rocking the little babies in the living room. I have a feeling that with the addition of two dark brown leather recliners, the rest of our living room furniture will look a little drab :) Oh well... We'll get a new sofa eventually.

After La-Z-Boy we went over to Fuddruckers for lunch. My day was pretty good up to this point. One lady at La-Z-Boy did say something along the lines of, "don't have your baby in here... We'd have to boil water." Um. okay. I'll try not to. BUT, at Fuddruckers, after I order my burger, the cashier said, "you must be having more than one baby. I've never seen a stomach that big." REALLY? Never? Great. Up until today I was feeling pretty good about my girth. I know I'm definitely growing, but "never seen anyone with a stomach this big"?? Ugh. I was a bit deflated. She lost a little bit of credibility when she then asked if boy/girl twins could still be identical. Ummm. No. That would make for a very manly looking daughter or very feminine looking son ;) haha.
I leave you with this cute picture of my puppy :) I just found it on the camera when I was downloading the rest of these pictures. hehe. The rest of my weekend is going to be football and sleep. :)

2 comments:

Erin Maher said...

You look great, Seester! Your Fuddruckers and Lazboy stories remind me of one of mine...a guy at Foot Locker had never heard of a woman wearing a size 10 (in women's) shoe. Huh? Smaaaart... :)

Can't wait to see y'all!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a fantastic, productive weekend!!

People say the weirdest things to preggos, don't they?! One of Jer's uncles was taking a pic of me and said, "whoa! I need my wide angle lens!" What was really funny was when he went home his wife showed him my blog post about the rude comments people had made and he sent me a note apologizing! I knew, "oh, that's just Mike..." but still, it was kinda funny that his wife got on to him about it! ;)