Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We have a (latest possible) date!

Proud big brother to-be
Juan and I had another weekly appointment yesterday. Babies and I are still doing good! We're a little over 34 weeks now - which was our first "goal" date! Our next big milestone is to make it to 36 weeks. At 36 weeks the babies will likely be able to avoid the NICU and come home with us from the hospital!

My doctor went ahead and scheduled a c-section for 38 weeks - November 9th! He doesn't really think we'll make it all the way to the 9th, but wanted to go ahead and have the date on the schedule. We're just going to keep an eye on whether the babies keep growing well and seem happy in my belly. As long as they keep doing well and I'm doing well, they'll be allowed to stay put until the 9th.

I'm doing my best to stay relaxed, comfortable and off my feet. Juan is being soooo good about cooking, cleaning and giving foot rubs :) I owe him big time! (well, I guess I am carrying his two babies... hehe)

We also chose a pediatrician and turned in our hospital pre-admission paperwork today! I'm going to get the hospital bag packed very soon - as soon as my delivery from gap.com arrives with a few essentials :)

We're getting close!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Is that hospital bag packed yet? ;) Just kidding! It's very exciting to have a "last possible date" isn't it?
You are on the home stretch, little momma!