They are just growing and changing every single day. Here's a little summary of what they're like at 10 months old:
Javi - (I am making an attempt to call him "William" more often, since that is his name... ha!)
- He is a very very fast crawler. He just zooms all over the room and kinda mumbles under his breath while he darts around. I wish I knew what he was saying.
- He loves to eat and eat and eat. He is really good using his fingers to pick up food from his tray. He can gobble up a tray full of cheerios and banana chunks so fast. He hasn't really met a food he doesn't like. He got his first taste of Saltlick brisket last weekend and loooooved it.
- He is really good at drinking out of a straw sippy cup. He hugs his cup and drinks. He loves water.
- He has his two bottom teeth and is working on a few top teeth. He is our slobber king and wears a waterproof bib 100% of the time to keep his shirt somewhat dry. He goes through 4 or 5 drool bibs a day.
- He loves giving hugs and kisses. I sometimes have to make sure he doesn't squish Ana :) He tackles and hugs her - laughing the whole time. He is learning how to give kisses. He's really good at blowing raspberries though!
- He loves reading books. He crawls quickly over to sit with me when I pull out a book to read.
- He goes to sleep at 7pm and usually sleeps until about 6 or 6:30am (usually waking up for some pacifier help early in the night). He takes two naps a day at about 9am and 1pm. He's having a bit of a rough sleeping patch right now - he has a little cold (or teething, we're not sure). So his sleep schedule is not quite so great.
- She is also a big baby. She's wearing mainly 18 month clothes and some 24 month. We can tell that she's getting noticeably taller since her 9 month Dr. appointment.
- She has her two middle bottom teeth and no others currently in sight.
- She is a great eater. She takes her time with her finger foods, but she is great at feeding herself. Her very favorite food is graham crackers. She devours them. She likes to listen to music while she drinks her bottle. We've started listening to the Beatles channel on Pandora instead of only listening to Raffi-type artists. I think that a little 'classic' music is good for them. :)
- She sleeps like a pro, but is also having a little bit of a hard time right now during naps. This too shall pass. Right?
- She loves to dance. She bops around whenever music is playing. Unfortunately, she has me and Juan as her dance instructors/role models. Hopefully she'll have more style and grace than us.
This is Javi, Ana and Reid playing at Reid's house
This Saturday we are going to the Austin zoo with the Mothers of Multiples group. We haven't been to the Austin zoo yet and I've heard it's pretty fun. I'm excited to see how Ana and Javi react to seeing zoo animals. I think they'll really like it.
I'm trying to decide what to do for Halloween costumes. Any suggestions? :)